SUNPOWER is a specialty showroom / retail outlet in Hyundai Mall next to Cash Power. This outlet provides the general public access to information about which solar products will best meet their needs. The SUNPOWER Team takes pride in selling quality products at a reasonable price and giving our customers excellent service. Whether you are purchasing solar equipment or just 'eye shopping' the SUNPOWER Team will always give you a warm welcome.
Sunpower has grown out of a vision to provide rural ,isolated, people and communities in the Solomon Islands access to solar technology which is suitable, sustainable, repairable and of a high quality.
There have been some twists and turns along the way. We have trialled a number of systems and set ups. For a number of years we were suppliers of small household solar equipment for Government orders and then at the start of 2014 we decided to open a retail showroom / shop at Hyundai Mall.
Interacting with the public has broadened our understanding of the needs in rural communities, the challenges and successes of providing solar equipment in a developing nation and has expanded our business model to include a level of information and education suitable to people who have an aptitude for practical explanation and straightforward support for their solar equipment.
Here are some things we have learnt:
- A key question is "What are you wanting to run off your solar?"
- Bigger is not always better when it comes to Solar.
- A small reliable system which provides light and USB charge is suitable to transform a household.
- If someone understands their equipment it will do the job better and last longer.
- Packaging solar equipment together reduces misuse and ensures it is tested prior to leaving our warehouse.
- Great staff, great service, warranty on equipment and back up service are the backbone of Sunpower.
- Adapt and develop equipment as new technology becomes available.